HughesNet® Security Cameras
Learn which cameras work best with HughesNet and how to get the most out of your data.
Does HughesNet Work With Security Cameras?
Yes! Your HughesNet Gen5 system can support both indoor and outdoor security cameras. Have peace-of-mind no matter where you live with a full security system.
Recommended Security Cameras For HughesNet
Security cameras that work best with HughesNet service and your data plan are those that are cloud-based and not IP addressable (each camera needs a unique IP address). Below you’ll find a sample list of some of the most popular cameras that are recommended for HughesNet.
- Arlo Pro Cameras
- Blink XT2 Security Cameras
- Ring Cam Wired
- Nest Security Cameras
How to use your security cameras without using up your data
A wireless security system should provide you with peace-of-mind and not worry about exceeding your monthly data usage. Below you’ll find four ways to maximize the benefits of your home Wi-Fi security system and data.
- Use a lower camera resolution – most security cameras offer a high-definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) view. Select the SD view to reduce bandwidth, storage requirements, and data usage.
- Reduce the systems frame per seconds (FPS) – you really only need a small number of frames per second to capture good images. If your system offers it, reduce your FPS.
- Set uploading and recording intervals – recording and uploading in real-time 24/7 will use a large amount of data. Consider having your devices sync once per day during your bonus zone hours (2am – 8am), and set your cameras up only to record when there is motion/sound.
- Limit the number of cameras – be selective and strategic on where and how many cameras you use. Too many cameras will bog down any wireless router and network.
Get the fastest satellite Internet service—25 Mbps1—available to anyone, anywhere. Surf the web faster; download files quicker, and access media like never before!
Get More Data
Videos, music, pictures—with HughesNet Gen5 you get a huge amount of data, so you’re free to explore more of what the Internet has to offer. Plus, there are no hard data limits!2
HughesNet offers a variety of affordable Internet plans that are built to suit any budget, and are available where you live today, even in areas with slow or no high-speed options!
No Phone Line Required
HughesNet uses satellite technology, freeing up the phone line for more important things, like making phone calls! Plus there’s no need to dial in – HughesNets always on.